Name : Anil Deshmukh
Date of Birth: : 9 May 1950
Place of Birth: : Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)
Marital Status : Married
Languages Known : Marathi, Hindi and English
Education : M. Sc.
Address (Permanent) : “Shraddha”, G.P.O.Square, Civil Lines, Nagpur.
Address (Mumbai) : “Jetvan”, L. D. Ruparel Road, Malabar Hills, Mumbai.
Address (Office) : 602 (anexe), 6th floor, Mantralaya,, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India 400032.
Positions Held: :
• Entered in political life in January, 1992
• Elected as Zilla Parishad Member with highest votes in Vidarbha region in 1992
• Elected as Chairman, Panchayat Samittee, Narkhed, Dist.Nagpur in 1992
• Elected as President, Zilla Parishad, Nagpur (1992 to 1995)
• Elected as MLA in 1995 as a Independent Candidate from Katol constituency Dist. Nagpur
• Minister of State for School Education, Higher & Technical Education, Cultural Affairs, Maharashtra State (1995 to 1999)
• Minister of State for School Education, Information and Public Relations, Sports & Youth Welfare, Maharashtra State (1999 to 2001)
• Cabinet Minister for State Excise, Food & Drugs, Maharashtra State (2001 to March 2004)
• Cabinet Minister for Public Works (Public Undertakings), Maharashtra State (2004 to 2008)
• Cabinet Minister for Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection, Maharashtra State (from 2009)
Minister of State for School Education, Higher & Technical Education, Cultural
Affairs, Maharashtra State. (1995 to 1999)
- Ban on Private Coaching Classes:
The teachers who are in regular service of Government or Private Schools also run full pledge Coaching classes institutions by giving big advertisements and also misleading parents and children by their false claims, like Chate Coaching Classes. As a School Education Minister, taken initiatives to ban such Coaching Classes.
- Started 'Maharashtra Bhushan Award':
As a Minister for Cultural Affairs, initiated to start Government of Maharashtra's highest 'Maharashtra Bhushan Award'.
The first awards were awarded to :
1) Renowned Marathi writer Late Shri P.L. Deshpande
2) Legendry Singer Smt. Lata Mangeshkar
3) Little Master Shri Sunil Gawaskar.
- Reduced weight of school bags:
As a School Education Minister, initiated to start drive for reducing the weight of school bags of school going children.
Minister of State for School Education, Information and Public Relations, Sports & Youth Welfare, Maharashtra State. (1999 to 2001)
- As a Sports Minister when Weightlifter " Karnam Malleswari" won Olympic Bronze Medal in the year 2000 at Sydney, which made her first Indian women to win an Olympic Medal, she was felicitated by giving 51 lakhs rupees award.
- As a Sports Minister, instrumental in initiating construction of India's second largest air conditioned Indoor Sports Stadium at Nagpur.
Cabinet Minister for State Excise, Food & Drugs, Maharashtra State, (2001 to March 2004)
- As a Minister for Food & Drug, enacted the law in the State of Maharashtra of banning GUTKHA, which contains injurious magnesium carbonate, which causes MUCOUS FIBROSIS.
Minister for Public Works (Public Undertakings), Maharashtra State. (2004 to 2008)
- As a Minister for Public works, constructed India's first & longest cable stayed bridge over the sea, which is proud to have contributed yet another world class landmark to the country. The work of 6000 hands and engineered to a precision of within + 5mm, the 4.7.km long BANDRA WORLI SEA LINK is a study in extreme engineering. With towers soaring 43 storey's high, it took 37,600 km of steel wires and over 5,75,000 tonnes of concrete for the sea link to see the light of day. Many world class innovations went into it and many records were set.
Minister for Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection, Maharashtra State. (from 2009)
Current Projects :
- Biometric Smart Card - Computerization of Public Distribution System
It is proposed to introduce Biometric Smart Card for Ration Card holders under PDS. Total computerisation of Public Distribution System involving Ration Card Office Management and Godown Management is also proposed.
- Introduction of Global Positioning System (GPS) for Kerosene Tankers
A scheme of Global Positioning System (GPS) for Kerosene Tankers has been introduced to track movement of tankers which will enable avoiding diversion of Kerosene meant for distribution under PDS.
- Introduction of Group SMS System
A Scheme of Groups SMS system has been introduced wherein movement of Foodgrains from FCI godown to FP Shop owners is introduced to prominent 25 persons of the locality to bring Transparency in PDS and reach foodgrains to genuine beneficiaries.
- Introduction of Door Step Delivery System
A scheme of Door Step delivery for BPL/ AAY cardholders has been initiated on Pilot Basis in Nashik and Nandurbar District. It is proposed to implement this scheme throughout the State Government under the name 'Dhanya Hami Yojna' - Food Guarantee Scheme.
- Specific colours to Tankers & Trucks in Public Distribution System
Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS): It has been decided to give specific colour scheme to vehicles transporting PDS commodities. It is also proposed to introduce Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) for proposed computerisation of PDS.